A Lawyer can In case you have disputes regarding your cover and your overtime help you. Before your case is referred by you however, you have to know the fundamentals about the laws covering wage and labor pay. You will need to know that so you can decide for yourself whether you have got a case that is strong or not.If you When you do not have to, remain ignorant about these things you may not understand when your rights are being violated and you may go on working under the conditions. You can be empowered by knowledge.
- Fair Labor Standards Act- Workers are given guarantees and protection with the Fair Labor Standards Act or FLSA that is the law regarding the salary, overtime pay and working hours of a worker. After they work for over 40 hours weekly an employee ought to be compensated for overtime. This legislation is applicable to employees. If you are one of the following then this legislation insures you:
- You area worker.
- You are an employee whose pay is based on bonuses or commission.
- You are currently receiving a salary.
Those Employees would be covered by Groups
The Minimum Wage-A worker is ensured they will be paid no less than the minimum wage. That minimum wage was determined by the authorities as minimum amount that someone must have in an hourly wage so as to live a ‘normal’ life. There are certain cases where the minimum wage would not apply and these are:
- When an employee is in training. The government is permitted to pay him something lower than the minimum.
- Employees who receive tips from customers and the customers are permitted to be paid less so long as a specific sum would be likely reached by their hints.
- Overtime- When a worker works for more than forty hours per overtime is paid. The rate for overtime pay is 1.5 times greater than that of normal pay. It is calculated for every hour within the 40 hours. There are specific types of employees that are not required to be paid if their wages contains some form of compensation. These workers include executives and doctors that have irregular hours. Government employees, like fire-fighters and police officers, have other rules for overtime pay.
- Getting an Attorney- In circumstances where your employer has failed to pay you overtime you will need a lawyer to assist you. They will be the one to inform you in the calculo salario liquido event that you have got a case under the Fair Labor Standards Act. There are. You can run a search for lawyer online.